Senior Advisor - Regional Partnerships Southern
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples is the principal advisor on policies and interventions that improve outcomes for Pacific Peoples. We bring the Pacific voice, perspective and understanding into policy and Ministry led initiatives. We can do this because of the time we spend nurturing our relationships with our people. These relationships are crucial to what we do and enable us to prioritise the changes that will ensure more of our Pacific people can lead fulfilling lives.
We have an exciting opportunity for a one-year fixed term Senior Regional Advisor to join the Ministry.
The Senior Advisor, Southern Region reports to the Manager, Regional Partnerships Southern and is responsible for facilitating a strong connection with Pacific communities, government agencies, organisations and individuals.
As a Senior Advisor, Southern Region you are the Ministry’s central intelligence for quality information supporting the development, analysis, delivery and impact of government initiatives and activities for Pacific peoples and communities.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; report writing for targeted audiences
- Ability to build strong relationships with various external stakeholder groups and within the Ministry
- Strong leadership in managing key relationships, projects and events
- Experience in facilitating and coordinating inter-agency initiatives
- Cultural sensitivity and able to constructively engage in a diverse ethnic environment
- A full driver licence and able to travel to meet role requirements
Being a part of our team means having a real opportunity to make a difference to the team and Ministry. You will work with other passionate and innovative people in an environment where flexibility, enterprise and collaboration define the way we do things.
If you believe in our purpose and commitment and want to be a part of our close-knit team, come join an organisation where you will be recognised and feel valued for your hard work and success here at Ministry for Pacific Peoples.
To apply for this role visit this link.
For a copy of the position description please go to https://www.madison.co.nz/ms/ministry-for-pacific-peoples/the-roles/
Applications close 5pm on the 11th September 2019