Senior Advisor, Languages
Senior Advisor, Languages
- Wellington CBD location
- Full time permanent or secondment opportunity
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples is the principal advisor on policies and interventions that improve outcomes for Pacific Peoples. We bring the Pacific voice, perspective and understanding into policy. We are the guardians and the caretakers of Pacific knowledge, culture and identity, and we support and take stewardship over our Pacific communities and peoples.
We have a challenging yet rewarding opportunity in our National Office in Wellington for a Senior Advisor, Languages. This role exists to provide support and professional leadership to the languages unit and to deliver high quality, robust advice relating to the theory and practice of language revitalisation. In this role you will be required to:
- Deliver community-based language initiatives and programmes, including undertaking regular review and analysis of these in accordance with agreed processes
- Work in conjunction with the Principal Advisor, Languages to review and analyse the effectiveness and relevance of templates and how-to-guides and updating these as agreed
- Develop and maintaining relationships with client agencies and organisations to ensure positive uptake of language revitalisation projects
- Identify and assess factors in the external environment that impact on languages revitalisation programmes, and/or language policy advice, liaising with the Director, Languages and Principal Policy Advisor regarding these, including providing recommendations for appropriate response
- Lead and implement the planning for agreed language revitalisation projects, ensuring plans support the achievement of agreed target outcomes, submitting this for approval by the Director, Languages
- Maintain up-to-date records and information as required to enable responsive and effective languages revitalisation programmes
- Provide high quality advice on language revitalisation programmes as these relate to Pacific peoples and the Ministry
You will have a Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in the related field. You will have excellent understanding and awareness of the Government policy priorities and be able to apply these to the Ministry. You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an advisory or policy role. Ideally but not necessarily you will have the ability to speak a Pacific language.
If you believe in our purpose and want to be a part of our close-knit team, come join an organisation where you will be recognised and feel valued for your leadership and hard work here at Ministry for Pacific Peoples.
To apply for this role please complete our online application form.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 19th January 2020.
To download the Position Description for this role, click here.