Read the questions below before applying for registration on our Nominations database.
If you answer ‘yes’ to three questions, then you may be a suitable candidate for a board appointment.
Do you have experience governing a business, community or relevant professional organisation?
Your experience might include a position on one or more of the following:
- Statutory board or committee
- Private sector board of directors
- Local or regional council
- Regulatory body
- Community trust
- Community board
- Pasifika committee
- School board of trustees
- Executive committee of a professional body
- Church committee
Do you have experience as a Chief Executive or Senior Manager in a business, community or professional organisation?
Have you been a Chair or President of a community group?
Do you have specialist qualifications and/or work experience?
For example, extensive experience in any of the following:
- Financial management
- Banking and insurance
- Barrister or solicitor
- Risk and assurance
- Strategic development and senior business management
- Change management and organisational development
- Health and safety management
- Applied technical fields in engineering
- Infrastructure, transport and logistics
- Science and digital technology
- Big data
- Research and development
- Media and communications
- Arts and culture
- Social services
- Engagement with Crown and public sector agencies
We don’t nominate public servants to government bodies, but past experience as a public servant can be valuable.
Do you have governance skills and knowledge?
- Experience in the responsibilities of a director.
- Being a ‘big picture’ strategic thinker.
- Having financial literacy.
- Being strategically invested.
- Being a team player.