Information we need from you
When you complete our form to register in our Nominations database, you need to include information about your skills, experience, and achievements.
Our Nominations Service can only work with the information you provide, so it is essential that you provide as much detail as you can and complete all parts of our form. The appointing agency will use this information as part of their selection process to assess your experience and achievements.
What information do I need to include?
- Personal information such as your contact details, date of birth, residency status, and cultural/ethnic identity.
- A professional summary about you.
- Employment and career history.
- Any special interests which can help us identify suitable vacancies for you.
- Board appointments you have had.
- Community service or volunteer service in governance roles.
- Professional memberships, awards or recognition.
- Educational qualifications and accreditations.
- Professional training and development activities.
Tips for a strong application:
- Only include information that is relevant to a governance role. Make sure your skills, experience and achievements are reflected well.
- Include relevant details such as the size and scale of achievements, organisations and projects you’ve been a part of, your responsibilities, things you had to manage such as budgets, workforce and risks.
- Be honest but not unnecessarily humble. Don’t exaggerate, but don’t hold back about sharing the level of influence or leadership you had in a particular role.
The Institute of Directors has more good advice on creating a governance application.
What happens to my application form?
The information on your form is stored in our database. When the Ministry nominates you for a role, we send a copy of your details to the appointing agency and possibly to Ministerial Offices that are involved in the appointments process.
When should I update my details?
Contact us as soon as the information on your application and CV changes. It is very important you contact us if your contact details change, otherwise we will not be able to contact you if a suitable position becomes available.
When can I expect to hear from the Ministry?
We may be in touch when:
- We receive nominations requests that matches your skills and experience.
- We want to invite you to directly apply for nominations opportunities that may be available on other Appointing Organisations websites.
- We need your CV and application be updated.