Win a double ticket to the Pō Fiefia Event!
Through a random draw, 50 free double tickets will be given away!
WHAT IS THE EVENT?
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples is hosting an event to celebrate the success of Pacific people who received the New Year and Queen’s Birthday Honours over the last three years.
The event is to celebrate Pacific leaders who have been honoured for their service from 2015 to 2017. This is a platform to celebrate the success of these highly regarded individuals, recognising their amazing talents and their advocacy to make a difference within Pacific Island communities.
This includes the success of Dame Valerie Adams, honoured as the youngest New Zealander and first Pacific person to be appointed a Dame Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit at last year’s New Year's Honours, and Sir Michael Jones being awarded the Queen’s Birthday Knight Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit at this year’s Queen’s Birthday Honours.
HOW CAN I WIN A TICKET?
Send us your details – full name, address, contact phone number and region then one of the two steps below.
Step 1: Like our Facebook Page, share, and tag a friend.
Step 2: Tweet the following #PōFiefia and follow our Twitter account to complete your entry to win a ticket to the Pō Fiefia Event in Auckland.
Once you have completed steps 1 or 2, you've entered to win! We'll notify the winners by September 4 at 10:00am via the Ministry website, Facebook and Twitter accounts (so don't forget to follow our Facebook and Twitter handle, @nzpacificstars).
WHO’S SPEAKING AT THE EVENT?
The Minister for Pacific Peoples, Hon Alfred Ngaro will deliver the keynote address. You will meet most of the Pacific people who made it onto the New Year and Queen’s Birthday Honour list in the last three years. It also recognises Dame Valerie Adams’ 2016 Damehood and La’auli Sir Michael Jones’ 2017 Knighthood Companionship.
There will be live entertainment, a buffet dinner, and exciting community displays and giveaways. There will be lots activities for children. This is a family friendly event.
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE EVENT?
The Pō Fiefia event will be held on Saturday 9 September 2017 at the Lesieli Tonga Auditorium, Free Wesleyan Church of Tonga, 143 Favona Road, Mangere, South Auckland. The proposed time for the event is 6pm-10pm. Doors open from 5.30pm.
WHAT ARE THE COMPETITION RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
By entering the competition, you agree to and confirm you understand the following:
- The competition opens for entry from 3:00pm 24 August 2017
- The competition closes for entry on 5:00pm 31 August 2017
- The competition is open to all NZ residents, of any age
- The prize does not cover any travel, accommodation or other expenses you incur for the event.
- The prize does not hold a cash value, nor can it be transferred, or refunded.
- For valid entry complete Step 1: Send us your contact details. Step 2: Like our Facebook page and tag as many family members and friends to the event. Step 3: Tweet to win a ticket to the Pō Fiefia Event in Auckland
- One entry per person
- The winners will be chosen at random from all valid entrants who completed Step 1 and 2.
- The winners will be notified via Facebook. Live draw on 1 September at 10.00am
- The winners will be sent a message and will be contacted by phone within the day of the ballot
- Winners agree to be available for photo opportunities, but is not limited to, photographs on the website www.mpp.govt.nz, Facebook Page, Email Newsletter and Social Media.